Thursday, May 2, 2013

"Travel to Ethiopia Eve"

I can hardly believe it's here! I'd be lying if I said there was never a thought that this day might not ever arrive. If you followed our emotional journey, you know my faith has been tested on every level. As I look back on the past 2.5 years, where of course hindsight is 20/20, I can see where God had the most perfect plan that I myself could have never imagined. There were times when I couldn't see Him anywhere but then realized He had walked ahead of us to prepare the way. Times where I felt like we were walking in the dark without an ounce of light, only to find that He was behind pushing me when I was utterly afraid to move. When I felt like each obstacle and trial He put us through was entirely too much, He stood by me, held me and said "No, my child, it's just what you need to prepare you for the ultimate adventure I have for you." A mommy to 4 amazing children! So here we are, two and a half years into our adoption journey, at the eve of our trip to Ethiopia. Tomorrow night we will fly 12 hours to Istanbul, Turkey and another 6 hours to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia where our beautiful, little girl is waiting. The moment we saw her smile light up her face, we fell in love. We've been blessed to receive pictures, photos, and personality updates from all the other families in our agency. And they all say the same thing: she's gorgeous, so sweet, loves to cuddle, has amazing hair, and has a killer smile. We cannot wait to meet her!!! We will arrive on Sunday morning and get to meet Miss T the next day. We will get 2 hours a day to visit and get to know her. Our adoption court date is Wednesday and until that time we cannot tell her that we are her mommy and daddy. The hope, obviously, is to pass court that day and when you wake up Wednesday morning we will have already posted a picture of our newest family member. I cannot wait to introduce her to you!!! I hope to update everyday on our blog, to tell you and show you all the adventures we have planned. This is a chapter in our lives we will never forget, and praise the Lord, He will continue to walk with us every step of the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment